The Mold Inspection is a fast and affordable way to confirm the existence of mold and, if possible, determine the type of mold present in a specific, defined area of the building.
The Mold Inspection is performed by an IAC2-certified mold inspector.
Prior to the inspection, the inspector and client shall agree to the limitations of the visual examination. As a result, potential sources of mold growth in other areas of the building may not be inspected.
The inspector shall perform:
• a non-invasive, visual examination of the readily accessible, visible, and installed systems and components of only the specific room or area defined by the inspector and agreed to by the client;
• at least two air samples (one indoor and one outdoor); and
• possibly one surface sampling at an area of concern.
The inspector shall report:
• moisture intrusion;
• water damage;
• musty odors;
• apparent mold growth;
• conditions conducive to mold growth; and
• the results of a laboratory analysis of all mold samplings taken at the building.
A Mold Inspection includes:
• visual examination limited to a specific, defined area of the building; and
• mold samples.